NALIP, a 501c3 non-profit, is seeking a strategic and visionary Executive Director to build, launch and drive results as we change media culture by advocating and promoting the professional needs of Latine artists in media. The ED is responsible for working with the Board of Directors to shape a futuristic vision and provide strategic leadership to ensure the fulfillment of the organization’s mission and financial objectives, with immediate attention to programming objectives, operational policies, and fundraising. Serving as a public ambassador, the ED oversees the coordination and support needed to implement NALIP Programming with the support of staff and consultants. More specifically, the ED will have the general oversight and coordination of NALIP’s internal and external operations, including, but not limited to communications, community engagement and data functions.
The ideal candidate is a dynamic and passionate leader who values collaboration and can inspire, motivate, and effectively communicate. A strategic change agent with exceptional interpersonal skills with a record of delivering results.
Duties and Responsibilities
Program Development and Administration
- Develop a long-range strategy for NALIP programming to fulfill the organization’s mission as set forth by the Board of Directors and ensure the organization’s progress towards its long-term goals.
- Develop annual program and budget plans with BOD and staff to fulfill the goals and objectives of each program initiative and implement in an effective manner. All plans will be presented to the
Board of Directors for strategic guidance.
- Continually evaluate programs and initiatives to maximize effectiveness, improve quality, and build stature within the industry; develop key measurements of success for all programs.
- Promote active participation of NALIP’s membership in all areas of the organization's programmatic work
- Financials and fund development:
- Develop and obtain Board of Director approval for the annual operating budget and fund development goals
- Manage the operating budget throughout the year to ensure the financial objectives of the organization are met, understanding the need to appropriately fund NALIP programs while implementing them in the most cost-effective manner possible.
- Design and direct annual and multi-year fund development strategies, including - individual, foundation, and corporate outreach, major gift cultivation, grant proposals, campaigns, events, and donor stewardship.
- Work with the Board Chair on board leadership development in fundraising.
- Plan, manage, and execute cultivation opportunities and events.
- Develop, maintain, and support a strong relationship with the Board of Directors; seek and build board involvement with strategic direction for long-term and annual programs and fundraising.
- Organize quarterly Board meetings.
- Keep Board fully informed on the activities of the organization and important factors influencing it.
Marketing and communications:
- Publicize the activities of the organization, its programs, and goals.
- Establish strategic partnerships with entertainment industry and community groups and organizations.
- Represent the programs and point of view of the organization to the entertainment industry, other organizations, and the general public.
- Assess the needs of the organization and the capabilities of Foundation personnel to ensure the organization’s ability to achieve its goals and objectives
- Encourage staff development and education and assist program staff in relating their specialized work to the overall mission of the organization.
- Maintain a climate that attracts, keeps, and motivates a diverse staff of top-quality people.
- Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree a plus
- A minimum of 10 years senior management experience
- A track record of effectively leading a performance- and outcomes-based organization and staff
- A commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board membership relationships and diplomatically advise on board governance
- Strong fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team-based, new business environment
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, with an innovative approach to business planning
- Experience and/or exposure in the professional television production industry is desired
Compensation & Benefits:
- $110,000 + DOE
- Generous PTO and sick leave
- Medical, Dental, Health contribution
National Association of Latino Independent Producers provides equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. NALIP does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, family care status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Board of Directors
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Job Type: Full-time