NALIP (National Association of Latino Independent Producers) is seeking to fill an Event Planning internship! We are looking for a motivated, detail-oriented, organized, go-getter to help us plan and execute our upcoming virtual events.
Event Planning Internship Description:
We plan forums, conferences, workshops, panels, networking opportunities, and screenings. This role offers the intern a great hands-on experience with an established non-profit organization. NALIP’s mission is to promote, advance, inspire, and advocate for Latinx and diversity in media.
This position is Remote for the remainder of 2021 through Spring 2022.
This position is unpaid/for-credit only. Must include a cover letter to be considered.
Must be available a minimum of 3 days a week and a minimum of 4 hours a day. All work will be done remotely.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Provide extensive Logistical support that includes research, drafting emails, and technical support.
- Assist in preparation and execution of virtual events
- Work with Events & Communications Coordinators on event promotional ideation
- Assist in event registration and RSVP/guest lists.
- Aide in the ideation process of programming speakers
- Act as strategic thought partner in event strategies and implementations
- Write comprehensive written reports for event production as directed
- Be open to cross-collaboration with other departments
- Make your colleagues laugh or half-smile
- Be a team player
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Must be able to commit a minimum of 3 days per week
- Must be well organized, flexible and able to work under pressure
- Self starter who takes initiative with enthusiasm in creating their work
- Must be energetic and very proactive, someone who welcomes a challenge and is able to work in a fast-moving, demanding, flexible environment with limited day-to-day supervision
- Ability to handle high volume of complex projects and tasks for multiple people and departments simultaneously and manage competing priorities
- Deadline-oriented with strong time management skills
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively with internal and external teams
- Accuracy, productivity and dependability are important attributes.
- Must have dependable internet access as all of the work and events will be done and hosted remotely
ASSUMED BASIC SKILLS
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Docs and Sheets
- Possession of professional office etiquette and behavior
- Willing and able to learn and be coached
- Demonstrate ability to develop a plan of action, achieve, and execute the plan successfully
- Excellent writing abilities
Please include a cover letter with your resume.
Applicants who do not submit a cover letter will be asked to submit one prior to being considered for the position.
Job Type: Internship
- Day shift
To ensure the health and safety of our team, we are working and hosting all events/programs remotely.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Google Suite: 1 year (Preferred)
- College Credit
Company's Facebook page:
Apply by sending Resume and Cover Letter to [email protected]