NALIP (National Association of Latino Independent Producers) is seeking to fill an Event Planning internship! We are looking for a motivated, detail-oriented, organized, go-getter to help us plan and execute our upcoming hybrid events.
Event Planning Internship Description:
We plan forums, conferences, workshops, panels, networking opportunities, and screenings. This role offers the intern a great hands-on experience with an established non-profit organization. NALIP’s mission is to promote, advance, inspire, and advocate for Latine and diversity in media.
This position is unpaid/for-credit only. Must include a cover letter on how your professional goals intersect with NALIP.
Must be available at least 2-3 work days a week and a minimum of 16 hours a week. This internship is HYBRID with some activity being REMOTE.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Provide extensive Logistical support that includes research, drafting emails, and technical support.
- Assist in preparation and execution of hybrid events
- Work with Events & Communications Coordinators on event promotional ideation
- Assist in event registration and RSVP/guest lists
- Aide in the ideation process of programming speakers
- Act as strategic thought partner in event strategies and implementations
- Write comprehensive written reports for event production as directed
- Be open to cross-collaboration with other departments
- Make your colleagues laugh or half-smile
- Be a team player
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Must be able to commit a minimum of 3 days per week
- Must be well organized, flexible and able to work under pressure
- Self starter who takes initiative with enthusiasm in creating their work
- Must be energetic and very proactive, someone who welcomes a challenge and is able to work in a fast-moving, demanding, flexible environment with limited day-to-day supervision
- Ability to handle high volume of complex projects and tasks for multiple people and departments simultaneously and manage competing priorities
- Deadline-oriented with strong time management skills
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively with internal and external teams
- Accuracy, productivity and dependability are important attributes.
- Must have dependable internet access as all of the work and events will be done and hosted remotely
ASSUMED BASIC SKILLS
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Docs and Sheets
- Possession of professional office etiquette and behavior
- Willing and able to learn and be coached
- Demonstrate ability to develop a plan of action, achieve, and execute the plan successfully
- Excellent writing abilities
Applicants must submit a resume and cover letter in order to be considered for this position.
Job Type: College Credit Internship/Volunteer
- Monday to Friday
NALIP Social pages:
Apply by sending Resume, Cover Letter, and Portfolio to [email protected].