Event Planning Internship Fall/Winter 2019
NALIP (The National Association of Latino Independent Producers) is seeking to fill an Event Planning intern position! We are looking for a motivated, detail-oriented, organized, go-getter to help us plan and execute our upcoming events. We plan workshops, panels and a four day conference that includes screenings and an awards gala. This role offers a great hands-on experience with an established non-profit organization.
This is an unpaid internship, college credit is available. Must be available at least 3 days a week and a minimum of 4 hours a day.
NALIP is a non-profit that serves to promote, advance, inspire and advocate for Latinx and diverse content creators across media.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide extensive administrative support that includes research.
- Assist in event set-up, tear down, and execution of events.
- Work with Events & Communications coordinators on marketing and events promotion.
- Manage event ticketing check-in and RSVP/guest lists.
- Build and cultivate relationships with potential outreach partners.
- Create a welcoming and warm environment at events with superb customer service.
- Act as strategic thought partner in event strategies and implementations.
- Write a comprehensive written wrap report as directed.
- Be open to doing other smaller tasks that are not in your department.
- Make your colleagues laugh or half-smile.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree or currently enrolled in undergraduate studies.
- Must be able to come into the office a minimum of 2-3 days.
- Must be well organized, flexible and able to work under pressure.
- Self starter who takes initiative with enthusiasm in creating their work.
- Must be energetic and very proactive, someone who welcomes a challenge and is able to work in a fast-moving, demanding, flexible environment with limited day-to-day supervision.
- Adept at managing several projects and coordinating with multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to handle high volume of complex projects and tasks for multiple people and departments simultaneously and manage competing priorities.
- Deadline-oriented with strong time management skills.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively with internal and external teams.
- Accuracy, productivity and dependability are important attributes.
- Able to work event hours.Your shifts will shift based on event schedules, and you must be able to work evenings and/or weekends based on our event calendar.
- Must have dependable transportation for events and other job related activities.
Assumed Basic Skills:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Docs and have professional office etiquette and behavior.
- Willing and able to learn and be coached.
- Demonstrate ability to develop a plan of action, achieve, and execute the plan successfully.
- Excellent writing abilities.
Please include a cover letter with your intent with our organization.