Early Career Bootcamp
The Warner Brothers Discovery Early Career Bootcamp seeks to expand access to untapped potential of early career talent from underrepresented communities who aspire to work in the entertainment industry.
By building “the pipeline that will feed the pipeline,” we are cultivating a steady flow of future content creators and executives by providing an inside look at creating, developing, producing, marketing, and distributing a TV show at a world-class media company.
Socio-economic barriers and lack of access oftentimes prevent talent from even considering a career in Hollywood. Through this workshop, participants who are keenly interested in what it takes to make a TV show can gain a deeper understanding of the business and learn about the various pathways to getting their foot in the door.
In this 6-week long bootcamp, 6 participants from NALIP, along with 30 selected from other organizations, will get a comprehensive snapshot of potential careers within the industry.
This will be framed through the lifespan of a TV show, from Network Development to Post-Production, through several roundtable discussions with up-and-coming talent and junior executives.
Facilitators will lead practical conversations on breaking-in and offer tangible tools to jump start their careers. In partnership with vital nonprofit organizations, the Early Career Bootcamp furthers Warner Brother Discovery’s commitment to cultivate the next generation of storytellers and expand access into the industry.
Eligibility for this program:
- Identify as Latine/o/a/x
- Have demonstrated strong interest in pursuing a career in entertainment, from creative to corporate studio positions (i.e. development, marketing, casting, business, DEI, etc.)
- Have more than one year of experience in the entertainment industry
- Must be at least 19 years of age or older
- Must be able to work in the United States
- Must be able to commit to the entire duration of the bootcamp (August 8-September 26)
We couldn’t do this work alone! We are proud to partner with Transgender Film Center, RespectAbility, IllumiNative, MPAC Hollywood Bureau, Center for Asian American Media, and Urban League in this initiative.
The bootcamp will take place weekly on Mondays from August 8, 2022, through September 26, 2022.
For more information please contact: [email protected]
THANK YOU ALL FOR SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATIONS FOR 2022. APPLICATION IS CLOSED.
SCHEDULED SESSION DATES - *to be held virtually*
- Orientation with NALIP Monday, August 1
- Session 1 – Monday, August 8 | 11:00am - 3:30pm PT | Full Cohort orientation with WBD
- Session 2 – Monday, August 15 | 11:00am - 3:30pm PT | Scripted Television
- Session 3 – Monday, August 22 | 11:00am - 3:30pm PT | Alt Creative Content (Unscripted, Animation, Features)
- Session 4 – Monday, August 29 | 11:00am - 3:30pm PT | News, Sports, Comics
- Session 5 – Monday, September 5 | OFF - Labor Day Week
- Session 6 – Monday, September 12 | 11:00am - 3:30pm PT | Corporate
- Session 7 – Monday, September 19 | 11:00am - 3:30pm PT | Breaking In / Professional Development
- Session 8 – Monday, September 26 | 11:00am - 3:30pm PT | Breaking In / Professional Development