DreamWorks Animation’s Talent Acquisitions, Artist Management and Diversity & Inclusion teams are collaborating to launch the Artist Development Program, a unique opportunity inclusively targeting underrepresented groups.
DreamWorks Animation is seeking artists for a new Artist Development Program at the studio in Glendale, CA. If you have had limited opportunities to grow your animation experience, if you are re-entering the workforce after an extended period of time off, or have studied Film/Cinema, Animation, Art, or a related focus please submit your application by August 19, 2018. Participants will build upon their current experience in this 12-week program with hands-on training in one of the following production departments: Animation, Character Effects, Character Technical Direction, Lighting, Pre-visualization / Layout, and Surfacing to prepare them for an assignment on an animated film at DreamWorks.
The 12-week program will immerse participants in a full-time production environment where DreamWorks’ artists mentor them to polish their skills to be production ready. Upon completion of the 12 weeks, successful artists will be cast on a production crew.
Artist Development Artists Will
- work at a world-class studio and use cutting-edge tools
- contribute to a collaborative environment
- develop artistic work flows and problem-solving skills to meet production expectations
Available positions & Application
- DreamWorks Feature - Lighter: Artist Development Program
- DreamWorks Feature - Pre-Vis/Layout Artist: Artist Development Program
- DreamWorks Feature - Character TD: Artist Development Program
- DreamWorks Feature - Surfacer: Artist Development Program
- DreamWorks Feature - Animator: Artist Development Program
- DreamWorks Feature - CFX Artist: Artist Development Program
- DreamWorks Feature - Final Layout Artist: Artist Development Program
Interested in joining the team? Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Want to become a member? Check out NALIP's different membership rates. Learn about NALIP's upcoming Latino Media Fest and volunteer opportunities fast approaching!