This role partners closely to Production Services, Security, Legal, Risk Management, Physical Production and other regulatory agencies to ensure EC is compliant and taking the necessary steps to establish a safe work environment.
Role: Director, Production Health and Safety
Reports to: VP, Production Health and Safety
Location: Beverly Hills, CA
Endeavor Content is a leader in the development, financing and sales of premium film, television, theater, audio, and live content. Endeavor Content seeks to facilitate more ownership and creative freedom for artists, creators and production companies in the ever-changing media landscape. Endeavor Content is a studio that has evolved to meet today’s changing business needs and is committed to advocating diversity and equality within our industry.
Endeavor Content has been behind over 100 projects annually that have garnered numerous awards and commercial success. Endeavor Content’s recent projects include films “Just Mercy” and “Peanut Butter Falcon,” television series “See” and “Killing Eve,” the podcast “Blackout,” Rihanna’s “Savage x Fenty Fashion Show” special, and live event “Rocketman Live.”
Endeavor Content is a division of Endeavor, a global entertainment, sports and content company.
Reporting to EC’s VP, Production Health and Safety, this role will support the health and safety of employees, cast and crew of our productions. This role partners closely to Production Services, Security, Legal, Risk Management, Physical Production and other regulatory agencies to ensure EC is compliant and taking the necessary steps to establish a safe work environment. The position offers unique exposure to a wide variety of businesses within a rapidly growing organization at the heart of the media and entertainment industry.
- Work with and across internal and external task forces to craft best practices related to the prevention and spread of Covid-19 on all EC productions worldwide
- Implement and evolve the Physical Production manual to ensure our productions are abiding by our health and safety practices
- Point of contact for internal departments (e.g. medical, crisis management) to address cast questions and concerns regarding COVID-19 compliance and protocols
- Perform in-person training for cast and crew
- Regularly visit sets and offices to ensure implementation
General Health and Safety and Risk Prevention
- Effectively train and communicate with all levels of cast, crew, physical production executives and HSO staff to develop and establish short and long-term health & safety goals.
- Mitigates safety concerns by working directly with Production Executives, Producers, Unit Production Managers Supervisors and other production staff
- Works directly with Production in the planning and execution phase of all filming services: assessing safety needs, securing appropriate vendors, and traveling to remote locations and/or facilities as required
- Perform in-person training for cast and crew; attend technical scouts and production meetings
- Recommends corrective actions and assists productions in implementation
- Responds to, and investigates production emergencies, incidents and accidents
- Coordinates production employee health & safety training.
- Oversee the performance of freelance show Safety Managers (when needed)
- Evaluate concepts, scripts, pitches, etc., as well as sets, stages and locations, for safety and environmental concerns and risks
- Work closely with show safety, stunt and SPFX personnel (as well as Production, Production Services, and Insurance) whenever stunts, pyrotechnics, or other risky activities are required
- Ensure that AHA protocols are followed whenever animals are used
- Ensure that Intimacy protocols are followed whenever nudity or sexuality are required
- Respond to and investigate production emergencies, incidents and accidents
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with industry safety organizations, representatives and governmental regulatory agencies, as appropriate.
Department of Transportation Compliance
- Oversee DOT Compliance for all productions and ensure adherence to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations, California DMV/Motor Carrier laws, along with other local regulations
- Obtain Federal DOT number for production company, California CHP CA number, and California Motor Carrier Permit. Complete application for CHP BIT Terminal Inspection, contract for Employer Pull-Notice Program and confirm drivers are enrolled in the Employer Pull-Notice Program; ensure the production is held within good standing by FMCSA
- Set-up accounts with third party administrators to manager required driver qualification and drug and alcohol testing
- Supervise and provide oversight and guidance to production-level DOT administrator(s)
- Maintain Driver Qualification Files
- Audit daily driver call sheets and accuracy of driver logs to ensure drivers are within hours of service and that all records are in compliance
- Monitor vehicle paperwork to ensure compliance with Federal/CA regulations, including vehicle markings requirements, safety inspections, maintenance records, registration, insurance, BIT and/or annual inspections, and rental agreements
- Perform regular review of changes in state and federal regulatory standards to develop, recommend and implement new and up to date policies and procedures
- A minimum of 3-5 years of safety experience
- Thorough understanding of motion picture and television production process including organizational structure, terminology, equipment, construction methods, stunt and special effects techniques, etc. preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Health & Safety, Environmental Studies, Physical Sciences or related major a plus
- Knowledge of Federal, state and local health & safety and environmental regulations (OSHA, Cal/OSHA, EPA, etc.)
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) certification a plus
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
Endeavor is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Click here, to apply!