ABOUT MOONBUG ENTERTAINMENT:
Moonbug Entertainment is an award-winning global entertainment company behind some of the most popular kids’ titles in the world. Moonbug’s lineup includes global sensations CoComelon, Blippi, Little Baby Bum, My Magic Pet Morphle, Supa Strikas, Go Buster, Playtime with Twinkle, Gecko’s Garage, ARPO and many more which are available in 27 languages.
Moonbug is a kids’ programming powerhouse with shows on more than 100 platforms globally, including YouTube, Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, Sky, Tencent, Youku and Roku. In May of 2020, Tubular Labs named Moonbug one of the leading digital kids’ entertainment companies in the world based on the total number of minutes watched worldwide.
Moonbug is part of Candle Media, an independent, creator-friendly home for cutting-edge, high-quality, category-defining brands and franchises. By bringing together elite talent operating at the intersection of content, community, and commerce, it helps to position leading entertainment businesses for accelerated, sustainable growth in the current market and beyond. Candle is run by its Co-Chairmen and Co-CEOs, leading entertainment executives Kevin Mayer and Tom Staggs, and backed by investment capital from funds managed by Blackstone’s flagship private equity business.
Please check us out at www.moonbug.com.
Are you passionate about children’s media, screenwriting and YouTube?
We are looking for a Development Executive who is passionate about creating children's content and fluent with digital media and short form storytelling. The executive will be based in our Los Angeles, CA office and work closely with the London headquarters and our network of creators all over the world.
You will be working on the most popular digital first children’s IP. You will help develop and produce across a wide range of IP and content formats (e.g. animation, live action, puppets, audio content), for YouTube as well as all other major platforms such as Netflix, Amazon, Nickelodeon, Disney, WarnerMedia, PBS, Spotify, Sky etc.
The successful candidate will be a creative thinker who can juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities, with a strong emphasis on organization and meticulous attention to detail. They will have first-hand experience with the creative process from inception through to production for digital platforms such as YouTube and traditional broadcast, cable, and streaming platforms. They will have experience working across both short-form and long-form content, for narrative and music-based shows. The successful candidate is also a creative thinker who can juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities, and has managed creative and production teams. This is a demanding and fast-paced role with growth potential that requires significant accountability and initiative. This position reports directly to our Senior Development Executive in Los Angeles.
This role works on-site at our Los Angeles West Hollywood Office.
- Oversee shows from both a creative and production perspective all the way from development to production for YouTube and premium platforms.
- Work closely with various departments (Production, Marketing, Channel Operations, Distribution) and Senior Creatives and Executives to ensure creative development is aligned with company goals and objectives.
- Review and provide notes on show bibles, scripts, outlines, springboards, animatics, cuts, voice records, and other steps in the creative process.
- Ideate on show ideas, formats, and creative content based on Moonbug IP.
- Ideate and creatively strategize for branded content from development to production for major global brands.
- Maintain and expand our database of writers, designers, animation studios and production staff, as well as identify and assign creative talent to develop and produce content.
- Maintain flexibility and openness to take on additional projects as necessary or assigned.
- Create and propose development timelines and key deliverables for project development on various Moonbug IP.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Passionate and knowledgeable about animated and live-action children's entertainment.
- Experience working across live-action and animation narrative and music-based shows.
- A broad network of writers, artists, and agency contacts in the children’s space.
- Strong understanding of character and story, working to brand guidelines, and a grasp of visual film-making language and techniques.
- Excellent communication skills; must be articulate and professional both in written and verbal forms of communication, particularly when it comes to emails, story documents, and pitches.
- Ability to work proactively, independently, and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment, with a high level of organization and attention to detail. Ability to time-manage across multiple deadlines is a must.
- Able to interpret data and insights and leverage them in the creative process. Research and analytics experience is a plus.
- Highly collaborative, resourceful, curious, and calm under pressure with a good sense of humor.
Education & Work Experience:
- 5+ years experience in Children's Entertainment, Scripted Series and/or Studio/Production experience required
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Creative Writing or Film Studies is preferred but not required
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Wellness Resources