Endeavor Content is a leader in the development, financing and sales of premium film, television, theater, audio, and live content.
Role: Counsel, Non-Scripted Business & Legal Affairs
Reports to: SVP, Associate General Counsel, Endeavor Content
Location: New York, NY
Company Description: Endeavor Content is a leader in the development, financing and sales of premium film, television, theater, audio, and live content. Endeavor Content seeks to facilitate more ownership and creative freedom for artists, creators and production companies in the ever-changing media landscape. Endeavor Content is a studio that has evolved to meet today’s changing business needs and is committed to advocating diversity and equality within our industry.
Endeavor Content has been behind over 100 projects annually that have garnered numerous awards and commercial success. Endeavor Content’s recent projects include films “Just Mercy” and “Peanut Butter Falcon,” television series “See” and “Killing Eve,” the podcast “Blackout,” Rihanna’s “Savage x Fenty Fashion Show” special, and live event “Rocketman Live.”
Endeavor Content is a division of Endeavor, a global entertainment, sports and content company.
- Structure, negotiate, document and manage transactions in connection with various types of non-scripted development and productions, including for doc-series, short form and long form doc-features, competition shows, game-shows, talk-shows, live events, live-to-tape specials and more.
- Draft agreements to engage above-the-line talent and to acquire underlying rights.
- Draft and/or review production related agreements, including, location, talent, material licensing and vendor agreements.
- Be responsible for all aspects of production and liaise with outside counsel as needed.
- Provide legal advice to producers, crew, and creative executives on potential legal risks and compliance issues in a variety of areas.
- Oversee all clearance matters, including fact-checking and fair-use analysis.
- Conduct clearance review prior to delivery.
- Provide consultation and support in connection with budgetary oversight of productions, in partnership with production and finance executives to ensure that the creative vision for productions is accomplished within appropriate financial and business guidelines.
- Implement and administer standard operating procedures for the company’s non-scripted development and production business.
- Routinely advise and consult with company executives regarding business and legal issues pertaining to the company’s non-scripted projects.
- JD degree.
- NY or LA based.
- Member of the California or New York bar, or qualified in-house counsel registration required.
- 3-6 years prior business and legal affairs experience with a major media entertainment company and/or entertainment law firm with substantial experience in non-scripted content development and production.
- Strong drafting and negotiating skills for all manner of contracts related to non-scripted development and production.
- Must be able to prioritize matters during all phases of production.
- Must be able to work cross-functionally with various other divisions and individuals involved in a production.
- Must be able to respond quickly to fast-moving issues that frequently arise in non-scripted projects.
- Exceptional organizational, prioritization and time management skills with the ability to execute independently toward multiple, high-priority projects.
- Familiarity with production clearance issues, experience negotiating product integration/branded content terms, and ability to handle copyright and trademark matters.
- Production company experience preferred.