The Color Designer will work directly with the Art Director and Director(s) to ensure the consistency of color models and assets in relation to backgrounds throughout the series.
• Work closely with the Executive Producer, Director, and Art Director on all aspects of the series’ look, color and mood
• Obtain Creative Leadership approval on all color models that are created for each episode prior to shipping to the assigned vendor animation studio
• Work closely with Background Painters with creating and maintaining consistency in regards to the color and design of the project
• Maintain and color style props, effects, and character turnarounds, expressions, special poses and size comps to the vendor animation studio for each shipment as it pertains to its assigned episode
• Adhere to the production schedule provided by Line Producer to ensure cost effective, timely production
• Illustration or traditional art skills
• Knowledge of drawing software including Illustrator, Photoshop, Painter, Harmony and 3D technology where applicable
• They must be experienced in the creation of detailed style guides and be comfortable dealing with internal and external departments on a daily basis.
• A broad knowledge of artistic styles, latest technology and film is essential.
• Ability to align with style and color sensibility of show
• Excellent organizational, verbal, written, e-social skills and acumen
• Able to work independently in a fast paced environment
• Positive attitude with the ability to be flexible
• Bachelor degree preferred or equivalent work experience
Disney Television Animation (DTVA), established in November 1984, is an industry leader in the creation of animated television for preschoolers, kids and tweens across Disney-branded channels and platforms. The animation studio is home to hit television series including "DuckTales," "Phineas and Ferb," "Gravity Falls," "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse," "Sofia the First," "Elena of Avalor" and the "Mickey Mouse" shorts.
Equal Opportunity Employer--Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
To apply today, click HERE!