Beatriz is a founding partner and president of mitú, the leading technology-driven media brand focused on creating fresh and innovative content for the mobile generation.
Mitú as a network has 5,000 Latino content creators and combined has more than 2 billion monthly views globally across YouTube and Facebook alone. She is a digital pioneer, Latin media expert and network approved show-runner with more than 20 years of entertainment experience, having created, developed and produced more than 1,000 half-hours of original, primetime television programming and award-winning digital series in English, Spanish and Portuguese. Her agnostic approach to both traditional and digital content creation has earned Beatriz three Emmy Awards, an MTV Award, and two Streamy Awards. Her productions have covered a broad range of topics across traditional formats and technology platforms including; Latin lifestyle series focused on food, fashion, finance and home design, travel documentaries, music and sports specials, entertainment magazines, docu-dramas, scripted comedies and dramatic sci-fi thrillers. Programming has aired on a variety of U.S. English-language and international networks such as; Discovery Channel, USA Networks, Travel Channel, MTV, SPIKE TV, Nickelodeon, Food Network and others. She has also developed and produced television and digital branded content for over a dozen of Blue Chip brands. Beatriz lives in Santa Monica and is a proud and passionate Mexican native who juggles work along with her 10 year old twins Isabela and Diego.
Awards and Recognition:
• The Hollywood Reporter Silicon Beach Power 25: A Ranking of L.A.'s Top Digital Media Players
• Outstanding Innovation in Social Media-mitú: 18th Annual National Hispanic Media Coalition Impact Awards
• Social Media Week Los Angeles Reveals 2014 “Social 25” Honorees
• TheWrap’s 2014 Innovators List: 11 Thought Leaders Who Are Changing Hollywood
• Keynote speaker at Social Media Week Los Angeles
• SXSWi speaker for interactive and entertainment panels