Endeavor Content seeks to facilitate more ownership and creative freedom for artists, creators and production companies in the ever-changing media landscape.
Role: Associate Counsel - Sr. Counsel, TV Sales Business & Legal Affairs, Endeavor Content
Location: Chiswick Park, London
Endeavor Content is a leader in the development, financing and sales of premium film, television, theater, audio, and live content. Endeavor Content seeks to facilitate more ownership and creative freedom for artists, creators, and production companies in the ever-changing media landscape. Endeavor Content is a studio that has evolved to meet today’s changing business needs and is committed to advocating diversity and equality within our industry.
Endeavor Content has been behind over 100 projects annually that have garnered numerous awards and commercial success. Endeavor Content’s recent projects include films “Just Mercy” and “Peanut Butter Falcon,” television series “See” and “Killing Eve,” the podcast “Blackout,” Rihanna’s “Savage x Fenty Fashion Show” special, and live event “Rocketman Live.”
Endeavor Content is a division of Endeavor, a global entertainment, sports and content company.
- To negotiate, structure, draft and review underlying rights, acquisition and distribution agreements, and all related legal documentation required by the international business within agreed timescales.
- Review, analysis, advice and recommendations for all projects relating to acquisition and distribution of TV series (scripted and non-scripted).
- Provide day-to-day support and guidance for the International TV team generally in relation to specific deals as the business expands.
- Providing advice on underlying rights, copyright and other intellectual property issues, compliance and regulatory matters as required.
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of templates and industry and legal developments.
Knowledge and Experience:
- English qualified lawyer with experience of working in a fast-paced commercial environment.
- Detailed knowledge of contract and commercial law; understanding of IP (copyright) and competition law.
- Proven media sector experience gained in a media focused practice or in-house; at a broadcaster, producer or major studio.
- Expertise in television distribution and licensing agreements is essential in the areas of scripted and non-scripted TV series, documentary and digital media.
- Relevant international experience (working in multi-jurisdictions).
Skills and Abilities:
- Practical, business- oriented approach to providing advice to internal clients on all related legal matters.
- The ability to analyse complex situations and develop simple, concise, and effective legal solutions.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written and a demonstrated ability to establish and maintain collaborative working relationships.
- Ability to juggle and prioritise a varied and heavy workload with the ability to plan ahead.
- Demonstrable ability to work efficiently, meet demanding deadlines in a fast-paced environment, prioritise workflow and adjust to workload fluctuations.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all key stakeholders and clients.
- Ability to take responsibility and show initiative.
- Ability to interact across different levels within the organisation.
Qualifications and Training:
- Fully qualified Solicitor in English Law.
- 3-7 years PQE
To apply, click here!