The Early Creatives Program for Art is a 4 month full-time paid opportunity for emerging Visual Development artists to join Netflix Animation as a Trainee.
The Program will provide an opportunity for participants to hone their craft with the guidance of some of the Animation industry’s most talented artists. You’ll build invaluable relationships, gain insights into our studio culture, receive hands-on industry experience, and if all goes to plan, this could lead to promotional opportunities on our productions.
If you are ready to work hard, be open to feedback, and make the most out of an opportunity like this, we invite you to apply.
Location: Los Angeles, California
Call for Submissions: February 7th, 2022
Portfolio Submission Deadline: February 25th, 2022
- Varied throughout 2022, pending production schedules.
- Those that meet the program eligibility requirements and submission material requirements will be moved into a finalist pool to be considered for openings throughout 2022.
- Please note moving into the finalist pool does not guarantee placement within the program as there are a limited number of spots available throughout the year.
- Candidates will be reached out to only if they are officially being considered for an interview with a specific production.
- Must be over 18 years of age to participate.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without visa sponsorship (both during and upon completion of the program).
- Have less than 12 months of professional experience in any form of Animation Art (Series, Feature, Gaming, Web, or Commercial).
- Must have an online portfolio that demonstrates a strong understanding of fundamental art design for animation series and/or film. (See submission material and portfolio guidelines section for more details on what to submit.)
- Must be available to work full time during the 4-month program with the potential to extend beyond this timeframe.
- To be considered for the program please include a portfolio with a range of work such as character designs, environments, backgrounds, props, paintings, color scripts, sketches, thumbnails. These can be personal and/or academic projects or story adaptations.
- Observational sketches, ie. life drawings, and/or animal drawings are a plus.
- Links to your website or other social media to supplemental work that demonstrate your craft.
- Don’t forget to include your password if you have one set up to access materials on your portfolio.
There are two parts to this application: click here to apply