This is a key leadership role that partners with the Executive Producer, Producer, Production Designer (if applicable), and Vendor Studio to execute the creative vision of the show while working within the schedule and budget for the series.
The Art Director will oversee and work directly with the design team to ensure a quality and consistency of style throughout the series, from the opening title, body of episode to end credits. They must be experienced in the creation of detailed style guides and be comfortable dealing with internal and external departments on a daily basis. They will have strong management skills to oversee and give feedback to artistic crew. They will be responsible for anticipating and problem-solving complexity issues. This role requires collaboration with and leadership of a diverse group of people in a fast-paced environment.
- Work closely with the Executive Producer and Director(s) on all aspects of the episodic look and mood
- Oversee assembly & approval of “199” main model pack to be sent to the assigned vendor animation studio as well as use for internal reference.
- Partner in setting the visual style of the series, creating conceptual and production artwork. This includes the Art Review, Black and White Line Art Review and Color Art Review for Executive approval. Subsequent reviews for later seasons may also be required if style evolves.
- Oversee entire design team including Designers, BG Painters and Color Designers, assigning work and monitoring their schedules to create and maintain consistency with the design of the project
- Approve all color backgrounds and color created by the Color Designers for the characters, props and effects
- Read Outlines/Scripts, attend Storyboard pitches and Animatic reviews, flagging potential complexity or design count issues.
- Maintain production schedule provided by Producer to ensure cost effective, timely production
- Communicate and problem-solve with vendor animation studio. Work with the Production team and the Digital department, create tools as well as information/”do’s and don’ts” document to help vendor studio achieve the required look within our budget and schedule.
- Partner with the Producer, Line Producer, and Production Supervisor to create schedules and casting assignments.
- Work with the TDs to ensure color correct and technically accurate deliveries are achieved.
- Regularly communicate with our Partner Studio(s) and lead episodic design and asset launches.
- May oversee Assistant Art Director if applicable.
To apply, Click Here