NALIP (The National Association of Latino Independent Producers) is seeking to fill an Administrative Internship position.
This person will primarily provide direct support to the Projects Director, including but not limited to scheduling, presentations, database management, organizing confidential information, and writing meeting minutes. Must have a strong ability to work independently and use sound judgment.
This role offers the intern a great hands-on experience with an established non-profit organization. NALIP’s mission is to promote, advance, inspire, and advocate for Latine and diversity in media.
This position is unpaid/for-credit only. Must include a cover letter on how your professional goals intersect with NALIP.
Must be available at least 2 days a week and a minimum of 16 hours a week. This internship is HYBRID with some activity being REMOTE.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides support to the organization’s leadership with tasks related to development, office management, and scheduling
- Assist in managing busy schedules and coordinate meetings on a regular basis
- Provide administrative support to the organization’s core leadership
- Take meeting notes for both internal and external meetings
- Engage directly with partners, sponsors, and vendors
- Receive and handle confidential documents and legal documents
- Prepare correspondence and presentations as required
- Answer telephone, screen calls and manage messages
- Research domestic/international travel options
- Reviewing and editing press materials including press releases and media alerts
- Special projects related to development, fundraising, etc.
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary
QUALIFICATION & DESIRED SKILLS:
- Must be proactive and take initiative, requiring minimal supervision on day-to-day tasks
- Ability to operate successfully in a fast-paced and demanding professional environment
- Exceptional time management and ability to prioritize
- Strong eye for design and organization branding, specifically with promotional assets
- Ability to handle a high volume of multi-faceted projects and tasks to address various departmental needs
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills for both internal and external correspondence
- Must be well organized, flexible and able to work under pressure
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to manage various types of people
- Should be resourceful/ self-starter
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Interest in entertainment and/or nonprofit management is a must
Applicants must submit a resume and cover letter in order to be considered for this position.
Job Type: College Credit Internship/Volunteer
- Monday to Friday
NALIP Social pages:
Apply by sending Resume, Cover Letter, and Portfolio to [email protected].