AARP Studios is looking to bring on a long-term contractor Bilingual Spanish/English Producer to focus on developing, producing, and strategizing outstanding culturally-relevant digital short-form video for Hispanic/Latino audiences across numerous AARP digital platforms, including AARP’s website, social media platforms, and YouTube. We’re focused on telling powerful personal stories, tips and explainers, celebrity pieces, and much more through the lens of AARP’s social mission. We have a wonderful team here, amazing storytelling opportunities, and the resources to make best-in-class content. The ideal person is eager to brainstorm and come up with creative ideas, is an outstanding communicator and collaborator, has a deep understanding of what works (and what doesn’t) in digital short-form video, and is an excellent writer.
AARP Studios is looking to bring on a long-term contractor Bilingual Spanish Producer to specifically focus on developing, producing, and strategizing Spanish content to support its growing efforts to create Spanish-language and English-language content relevant to Hispanic/Latino audiences across numerous AARP digital channels, including AARP’s Spanish-language website, social media platforms, and Spanish YouTube channel.
Subject Line: Bilingual Spanish Producer (Your Name Here)
Bilingual Digital Video Producer - English/Spanish
The Bilingual Digital Video Producer will be responsible for creating Spanish-language and English-language content relevant to Hispanic/Latino audiences across numerous AARP digital channels, prioritizing social media platforms, but also feeding AARP’s Spanish-language website and YouTube channel.
The Bilingual Video Producer must possess strong writing skills and a video production background that includes leading a variety of multifaceted creative projects. The ideal candidate will bring a passion for journalistic and engaging storytelling, a multitude of ideas stemming from a deep understanding of the Hispanic/Latino community, and a knowledge of platform best practices and trends to inform content strategy. The producer will be responsible for bringing video content to life – from ideation to completion – and managing multiple projects simultaneously across multiple digital platforms. The producer will endeavor to educate, entertain or inspire viewers by translating AARP’s social mission priorities into relevant and meaningful content for a Hispanic/Latino audience.
As part of a core team, the Bilingual Video Producer will work collaboratively with Editorial Leads and Platform Managers to optimize digital video content for various business units and distribution.
Develops and maintains deep knowledge of AARP and its priorities, social mission and goals.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of a wide variety of subjects important to the AARP Hispanic/Latino demographic
- Regularly brainstorm and pitch new ideas for all varieties of video content (from quick hits to high effort pieces) and be clear about where the content will be published
Develop and execute both short and mid-form video content for multiple digital platforms, prioritizing Social-first, that educates, entertains or inspires the AARP Hispanic/Latino audience.
- Conceives, writes, produces and contributes feature and related content on subjects of interest to the AARP Hispanic/Latino demographic for use on AARP digital platforms.
- Creates content highlighting AARP views, priorities and positions for enterprise-wide communications.
- Constantly offers imaginative and insightful ideas for content development and digital formats.
- Understands the organization’s goal to engage English-preferred Latinos on a path toward membership.
- Predetermine the business goals that the content should drive and develop a content strategy against those goals.
Ensure that all new video content aligns with the 2022 content strategy and 50-50 Spanish/English split.
- Track the team’s progress and provide quarterly status updates on how the videos are measuring up against established benchmarks and success metrics.
- Be able to articulate how each piece of content fits into AARP’s strategic priorities and/or impact areas as well as the 50-50 Spanish/English split.
- Actively solicit, oversee, and track the transcreation of in-language Spanish content by other Studios’ producers from inception to completion.
- Demonstrate an ability to produce effective content for Bilingual Video platforms and provide reporting on the effectiveness of that content.
Collaborate with key stakeholders to optimize the content for the digital platform in which it will live.
- Play a greater role in leading conversations with other AARP departments including ODEI, Strategic Communications, Social and .ORG Editorial.
- Bachelor degree in journalism, communications, digital video or a related discipline.
- 6+ years of experience Producing, scripting and executing digital content
- Excellence in writing, scripting, editing, and journalistic storytelling skills.
- Ability to write about complex subjects in effective and appealing ways and a proven record of developing stories and understanding of journalistic and engaging story-telling for multiple platforms
- Able to work collaboratively, closely and effectively with executive team and subject matter experts across the enterprise
- Demonstrated ability to handle appropriate workload efficiently and effectively and manage assignments, meet deadlines and contribute creative ideas
- Must have on set experience working and managing a small crew on a film/video set and able to conduct thoughtful and journalistic interviews
- Field producing interviewing experience is a must and the ability to multitask and prioritize an array of duties and assignments
- Must exhibit outstanding skills in written communication, with the experience to translate and adapt projects to sound off digital strategies as needed per platform
- Must exhibit outstanding skills in verbal communication, building and maintaining relationships, as well as conducting research
- Superior working knowledge of the Internet, audio, and video editing software, and content management systems and data reporting
- Must have experience and a high comfort level in working with and distributing content on digital channels such as Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn an online website content.
- Ability to manage production partnerships, forge new alliances, and to work cross- divisionally within AARP’s broad organization