NBCUniversal to Present 2nd Annual TV Hosting Workshop 2016
Sharpen your Hosting Skills and Techniques! Learn about the Social Digital Interaction of Media/TV!
Submission Deadline: Feb. 26th
NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment in partnership with the American Black Film Festival will produce the 2nd Annual TV Hosting Workshop to cultivate & discover exceptional on-camera host talent. Taught by a premiere host instructor, this three day workshop is targeted for intermediate and advanced level hosts who want to sharpen their hosting skills and techniques. The workshop will also focus on the Social Digital Interaction of Media/TV!
- Re-invent your brand!
- Enhance your on-camera performance, and reading and writing copy
- Strengthen co-hosting, teleprompter and auditioning skills
- Learn invaluable tips for your career
- Learn from keynote speakers!
TOP SELECT PARTICIPANT(S):
- Meet with NBCU Talent & Casting Executives from E!
- Receive the opportunity to host a red carpet event during the ABFF in Miami, June 15-19.
- Top performers will receive one (1) festival credential and airfare to ABFF in Miami.
- Top performers will be announced at the ABFF Awards Ceremony.
HOW TO APPLY
- Select TWO host scripts to perform and videotape: click to download
- Click on and complete the TV Hosting Workshop Application Form to upload your host reel and self-taped video entry according to the provided instructions.
- Applicants MUST also submit a reel of their previous host work (previous host experience may include, but not limited to: digital, TV and live events).
- DAY 1 - Friday, April 8th (9:00 am - 4:00 pm)
- DAY 2 - Saturday, April 9th (9:00 am - 4:00 pm)
- DAY 3 - Sunday, April 10th (9:00 am - 1:00 pm)
- Applicants must be a minimum of 21 years of age, and permanent, legal United States residents.
- Applicants must be available to participate in the workshop for all three scheduled days in New York City.
- Applicants must be able to provide their own housing and transportation to New York for the duration of the workshop. (NOTE: You do not need to be based in New York City to be considered)
- Submissions Open: December 1, 2015
- Submissions Deadline: February 26, 2016
- Notify Participants By: March 4, 2016
* Please note: This workshop is not for beginners, but for participants with some host experience already under their belt. We are looking for candidates drawing upon diverse backgrounds.
Check this out on ABFF.com,