The National Association of Latino Independent Producers (NALIP), a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, is currently seeking to fill the position of the 2022 NALIP Media Summit Coordinator. The coordinator is responsible for executing the largest media event for the Latine community that aligns with NALIP’s mission and vision of promoting, advocating and creating opportunities for Latines in entertainment, working closely with the NALIP’s staff, interns, and volunteers.
The NALIP Media Summit is a 4-day conference that brings together industry professionals and filmmakers to promote and advance Latine and diverse content creators in media, behind and in front of the camera. The Media Summit is NALIP’s staple event and remains the largest and most prestigious gathering of Latine content creators in America. We celebrate the convergence of media and the inclusion of Latines as one within the general market.
Applicants are expected to be able to efficiently contribute to the team in a fast paced work environment while under pressure. Excellent communication and immense organizational skills are a must.
This position is an independent contractor position paid with a $600 weekly stipend and is from March through September 2022.
The responsibilities of the Media Summit Coordinator include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee preparation of Media Summit program set to take place virtually and in-person (hybrid)
- Planning and executing the programming for the summit
- Lead the Programming and Logistics team daily, and work with team leads across all departments to see the execution of a virtual & in-person summit.
- Oversee the management of the Media Summit website
- Edits and proofs printed materials related to Media Summit such as booklets, marketing materials, and posters
- Communicate professionally with high profile speakers, guests, and executives
- Deliver fast, friendly and efficient support to Media Summit participants and attendees
- Maintain Media Summit files along with data management of information
- Manage all meetings, venue, & on and off-site logistics for the Media Summit
- Oversee speakers, room setup, audio visual, transportation, hotel, food and beverage, etc.
- Research and work with vendors for both virtual and in-person component
- Contribute to brainstorming ideas for summit-related events
- Post production: provide wrap up, completion materials, and gather analytics
- Assist in all other Media Summit areas as necessary
- Demonstrate ability to work in a team-based environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills
- Extremely organized, self-motivated, and takes initiative
- Ability to prioritize and delegate in high stress situations
- Excellent problem solving skills and patience
- Proficient with Google Drive and Google Sheets
- Proven ability to perform and succeed in a fast-paced, dynamic and deadline driven environment
- Available to work evenings and weekends
- Strong interest in live event production or film and television production
- Legal authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable experience
- Located in Los Angeles, CA
The National Association of Latino Independent Producers (NALIP), a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, national membership organization that addresses the professional needs of Latine content creators. We stand as the premier Latino media organization, addressing for 20 years, the most underrepresented and largest ethnic minority in the country. NALIP was founded in 1999 by a group of Latine producers, content creators, academics and media advocates.
How To Apply:
Email your resume, cover letter, and references to [email protected]. You must include the position title in the subject line and all submissions must include a cover letter and at least two references.
Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.