2022 NALIP MEDIA SUMMIT ASSISTANT COORDINATOR
The National Association of Latino Independent Producers (NALIP), a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, is currently seeking to fill the position of the 2022 NALIP Media Summit Assistant Coordinator. The assistant coordinator is responsible for working alongside the coordinator to execute the largest media event for the Latine community that aligns with NALIP’s mission and vision of promoting, advocating and creating opportunities for Latines in entertainment, working closely with the NALIP’s staff, interns, and volunteers.
The NALIP Media Summit is a 4-day conference that brings together industry professionals and filmmakers to promote and advance Latine and diverse content creators in media, behind and in front of the camera. The Media Summit is NALIP’s staple event and remains the largest and most prestigious gathering of Latine content creators in America. We celebrate the convergence of media and the inclusion of Latines as one within the general market.
Applicants are expected to be able to efficiently contribute to the team in a fast paced work environment while under pressure. Excellent communication and immense organizational skills are a must.
This position is paid with a $500 weekly stipend and is from March through September 2022.
The responsibilities of the Assistant Media Summit Coordinator include, but are not limited to:
- Support coordinator in the preparation of the Media Summit program, set to take place virtually and in-person (hybrid)
- Contribute to the programming ideas of the summit by brainstorming and researching trends, speakers, and sponsors, as well as brainstorming ideas for summit-related events
- Work with team leads across all departments to see the execution of a virtual & in-person summit
- Manage Media Summit website effectively and efficiently, including updating images, deliverables, language, and more.
- QC printed materials related to Media Summit such as booklets, marketing materials, and posters
- Facilitates the NMS deliverables, docs and information management and flow with internal and external teams
- Help manage team tasks
- Assist in the communication with high profile speakers, guests, and executives
- Deliver fast, friendly and efficient support to Media Summit participants and attendees
- Maintain Media Summit files along with data management of information
- Assist with on and off-site logistics for the Media Summit
- Research and work with vendors for both virtual and in-person component
- Assist in post-production: wrap up, completion materials, and gather analytics
- Support Media Summit coordinator in other areas as necessary
- Demonstrate ability to work in a team-based environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills
- Extremely organized, self-motivated, and takes initiative
- Ability to prioritize and delegate in high stress situations
- Excellent problem solving skills and patience
- Proficient with Google Drive and Google Sheets
- Proven ability to perform and succeed in a fast-paced, dynamic and deadline driven environment
- Available to work evenings and weekends
- Strong interest in live event production or film and television production
- Legal authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable experience
- Located in Los Angeles
The National Association of Latino Independent Producers (NALIP), a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, national membership organization that addresses the professional needs of Latine content creators. We stand as the premier Latino media organization, addressing for 20 years, the most underrepresented and largest ethnic minority in the country. NALIP was founded in 1999 by a group of Latine producers, content creators, academics and media advocates.
How To Apply:
Email your resume, cover letter, and references to [email protected] You must include the position title in the subject line and all submissions must include a cover letter and at least two references.
Applications without a cover letter or references will not be considered.