2019 NALIP Media Summit Coordinator
Posted by NALIP on
The NALIP Media Summit Coordinator works closely with the NALIP’s executive director, programs manager, and board of directors to execute the largest media event for Latinos that aligns with NALIP’s mission and vision of promoting, advocating and creating opportunities for Latinos in entertainment. The coordinator will inspire the media summit team to produce the best content for the summit and the best of each other.
The NALIP Media Summit is a 4-day conference that brings together industry professionals and filmmakers to promote and advance Latinos in media, behind and in front of the camera. The Media Summit is NALIP’s staple event and remains the largest and most prestigious gathering of Latinx content creators in America. We celebrate the convergence of media and the inclusion of Latinxs as one within the general market.
Applicants are expected to be able to efficiently contribute to the team in a fast paced work environment while under pressure. Excellent communication and immense organizational skills are a must.
The responsibilities of the Media Summit Coordinator include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee preparation of Media Summit program
- Manage Media Summit website effectively and efficiently, including updating links, images, and other visuals
- Edits and proofs printed materials related to Media Summit such as booklets, marketing materials, and posters
- Deliver fast, friendly and efficient customer service to Media Summit participants
- Communicate with high profile speakers, guests and executives
- Maintain Media Summit files along with Data Management of information
- Manage all meetings, venue, on and off-site logistics for the Media Summit
- Oversee speakers, room setup, audio visual, transportation, hotel, food and beverage, etc.
- Contribute to brainstorming ideas to summit related events
- Provide wrap up and completion materials
- Assist in all other Media Summit areas as necessary
- Demonstrate ability to work in a team-based, new business environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills
- Extremely organized and take direction as well as initiative
- Ability to prioritize and delegate in high stress situations
- Excellent problem solving skills and patience
- Basic knowledge of graphic design, including use of Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficient with google drive and excel spreadsheets
- Proven ability to perform and succeed in a fast-paced, dynamic and deadline driven environment
- Available to work evenings and weekends
- Must have obtained a Bachelor’s degree
The National Association of Latino Independent Producers (NALIP), a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, national membership organization that addresses the professional needs of Latinx content creators. We stand as the premier Latino media organization, addressing for 20 years, the most underrepresented and largest ethnic minority in the country. NALIP was founded in 1999 by a group of Latino producers, content creators, academics and media advocates.
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Dates: February - August 2019
How To Contact Us:
Email your resume, cover letter, and reference to [email protected] including the position title in the subject line. All submissions must include cover letter and at least two references.