2019 Latino Media Market Coordinator
The National Association of Latino Independent Producers (NALIP), a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, is currently seeking to fill the position of the Latino Media Market (LMM) Coordinator. The coordinator is responsible for implementing and coordinating every aspect of the Latino Media Market program, that takes place during the NALIP Media Summit.
The Latino Media Market is a 2-day event, during the NALIP Media Summit, where selected filmmakers participate in pitch meetings with industry executives, agents, distributors, funders, and mentors to advance their current project.
The LMM coordinator will design, plan and organize all of the market’s events, conduct outreach via email and in-person engagements, maintenance of webpage, including updates and timelines for the program. The coordinator conducts research of studios, networks, agencies, management companies, venture capitalists and regional filmmaker organizations and institutions that would be interested in Latino content in film, television, documentaries, and digital web series.
A successful candidate is knowledgeable in film and television development and acquisitions, self-motivated, communicates effectively, highly-organized, and be able to multitask. A cover letter is required from each applicant.
- Research regional filmmaker organizations and institutions, with particular emphasis on diversity; build and maintain outreach/target lists.
- Conduct ongoing outreach to industry network, film markets and festivals, etc. to identify potential executives for pitch meetings.
- Maintain program’s social accounts and webpage, including updates and timelines for the program.
- Process & review materials (application information, scripts, and directing samples).
- Script Coverage.
- Liaise with selected program applicants for information regarding logistics and event onsite registration.
- Update and build the database in Narrative Feature, Documentary, and scripted Television and Digital categories.
- Create and update executive and participant invite/confirmation lists
- Create and program individualized schedules for pitch meetings for selected participants and executives
- Oversee preparedness of LMM venue on site
- Coordinate all necessary materials (e.g. schedules, tent cards, water, snacks) onsite
- Maintain budget and tracking expenditures
- Participate in general NALIP Media Summit prep meetings
- Deliver a final wrap report
- Additional duties as assigned*
*Activites, duties or responsibilities may change or new ones may be assigned at anytime
- Employee has legal authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must be able to perform job duties and physical demands of the job, including bending, sitting, lifting and driving.
Education and Experience
- Must have obtained a Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of three years work experience in the film industry.
- Minimum of two years experience with industry executives.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Knowledgeable of the organization, NALIP.
- Strong interest and knowledge in independent film.
- Ability to think on your feet and anticipate issues before they happen.
- Effective time management and maintaining strong communication channels across different departments within the organization.
- Strong leadership skills, able to assemble and train a team to carry on tasks.
- Strong phone and computer skills.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Google Suite
The National Association of Latino Independent Producers (NALIP) is a non-profit, national membership organization that addresses the professional needs of Latinx content creators. We stand as the premier Latino media organization, addressing for 20 years, the most underrepresented and largest ethnic minority in the country. NALIP was founded in 1999 by a group of Latino producers, content creators, academics and media advocates.
Submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com including the position title in the subject line. All submissions must include cover letter and at least two references.