The National Association of Latino Independent Producers (NALIP), a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, is currently seeking to fill the position of the Latino Media Market (LMM) Assistant Coordinator. The assistant coordinator will work closely with the Coordinator implementing and organizing every aspect of the Latino Media Market program, that takes place during the NALIP Media Summit.
The Latino Media Market is a 2-day event, during the NALIP Media Summit, where selected filmmakers participate in pitch meetings with industry executives, agents, distributors, funders, and mentors to advance their current project.
The assistant coordinator conducts research of studios, networks, agencies, management companies, venture capitalists and regional filmmaker organizations and institutions with particular emphasis on diversity, and uses research insights to support coordinator with the execution of event.
A successful candidate is knowledgeable in the media industry, self-motivated, desire to learn, communicates effectively, organized, and able to multitask.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Work alongside graphics designer to design and input program booklet
- Research regional filmmaker organizations and institutions, with particular emphasis on diversity; build and maintain outreach/target lists
- Conduct ongoing outreach to industry network, film markets and festivals, etc. to identify potential applicants to the program
- Maintain program’s social accounts and webpage, including updates and timelines for the program.
- Participate in general NALIP Media Summit meetings
- Assist with reviewing materials (application information, scripts, and directing samples).
- Liaise between program fellows and follow up with logistics and any deliverables needed
- Create and update executive and participant invite/confirmation lists.
- Assist coordinator with programing schedules for pitch meetings for selected participants and executives
- Assist with preparedness of LMM venue on site
- Support coordinator with all necessary materials (e.g. schedules, tent cards, water, snacks) onsite.
- Assists with miscellaneous administrative tasks i.e. maintaining budget and tracking expenditures
- Provide script coverage
- Data entry, build and maintain databases in spreadsheets
- Additional duties as assigned*
*Activites, duties or responsibilities may change or new ones may be assigned at anytime
- Employee has legal authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be able to perform job duties and physical demands of the job, including bending, sitting, lifting and driving.
Education and Experience
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of two years work experience in the film industry.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Knowledgeable of the organization, NALIP.
- Strong interest and knowledge in independent film.
- Ability to think on your feet and anticipate issues before they happen.
- Effective time management and maintaining strong communication channels across different departments within the organization.
- Strong leadership skills, able to assemble and train a team to carry on tasks.
- Strong phone and computer skills.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Google Suite
The National Association of Latino Independent Producers (NALIP) is a non-profit, national membership organization that addresses the professional needs of Latinx content creators. We stand as the premier Latino media organization, addressing for 20 years, the most underrepresented and largest ethnic minority in the country. NALIP was founded in 1999 by a group of Latino producers, content creators, academics and media advocates.
Submit resume and cover letter to [email protected] including the position title in the subject line. All submissions must include cover letter and at least two references.