The Latino Media Market Coordinator will coordinate every aspect of the program, conduct research of studios, networks, agencies, management companies, venture capitalists and regional filmmaker organizations and institutions with particular emphasis on diversity. Will design maintenance of LMM social media outreach, including updates and timelines for the program.
A successful candidate is knowledgeable in development and acquisitions, self-motivated, communicates effectively, organized, and able to multitask.
Duties and Responsibilities: The responsibilities of the Latino Media Market Coordinator include but are not limited to:
- Connect with Executives, Agents, Managers, Funders, and Mentors to invite them to pitch meetings.
- Research regional filmmaker organizations and institutions, with particular emphasis on diversity; build and maintain outreach/target lists.
- Conduct ongoing outreach to industry network, film markets and festivals, etc. to identify potential executives for pitch meetings.
- Work on design maintenance of LMM social media outreach, including updates and timelines for the program.
- Participate in General Latino Media Summit meetings.
- Process application materials
- Review materials (application information, scripts, and directing samples).
- Liaise with selected program applicants for follow up with logistics and Latino Media Market registration.
- Update and build the LMM database in the Narrative Feature, Documentary, and Reality TV categories.
- Create and update executive and participant invite/confirmation lists.
- Create and program individualized schedules for pitch meetings for selected participants and executives.
- Oversee preparedness of LMM venue on site.
- Coordinate all necessary materials (e.g. schedules, tent cards, water, snacks) onsite.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Employee has legal authorization to work in the United States.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of three years work experience in the film industry.
- Minimum of two years experience with industry executives.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Strong interest and knowledge in independent film.
- Building and maintaining databases, facilitating nationwide outreach effort, and maintaining smooth event operations.
- Demonstrates knowledge and expert operation of social media growth, outreach and marketing.
- Strong phone and computer skills.
How To Contact Us: Email your resume and reference to [email protected] including the position title in the subject line. All submissions must include cover letter and at least two references.