2018 Communications and Publicity Intern
NALIP Communications & Publicity Intern
NALIP’s Communications department is looking for a dedicated intern that will help in building and maintaining its robust communication platform through a variety of content and media platforms related to NALIP’s mission, programs and events. In addition to these communication assignments, the intern will be introduced to the major topics and issues related to arts advocacy, nonprofit management, community organizing, and communication best practices.
This is an unpaid internship, college credit is available. Must be available at least 3 days a week and a minimum of 4 hours a day.
Apart with from learning basic administrative practices (phone/email etiquette, project organization skills, sponsor/media and membership relations, and basic office management), in supporting NALIP’s communications department, intern will learn how to create and execute a communications strategy that is program and events based, while adhering to our organization's mission and branding. As a NALIP team member, intern will close program understanding how to be a team player in a professional media arts environment.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Research Latino Entertainment topics.
- Assist in maintaining NALIP social media and website.
- Assist in newsletter curation and articles.
- Write blog posts on NALIP news and events.
- Assist in program events from their planning, production, and post.
- Assist with ongoing administrative tasks, database management, membership correspondence and participate in staff meetings.
- Serve as NALIP representative attending outside events with partner organizations and companies.
- Work with public relations team in writing press releases, talent invitations, and talent management.
- Put together and keep track cross promotional agreements with partnerships.
Qualifications and Skills
Ideal candidates will identify with our mission and have a deep interest in media arts, entertainment, and communication.
- Excellent writing, communication, and research skills are required.
- Proficient with Google apps (docs, sheets, etc.), social media, and computer programs such as Microsoft and Excel.
- Bilingual applicants are encouraged.
- Be able to work in a fast-pace environment with time-sensitive deadlines.
- Willing to learn and be coached.
- Applicants with graphic design or video production experience are encouraged.
- Publicity experience is a plus.
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter to: email@example.com. Subject headline must include your name and Communications Intern/Volunteer.