2017 Latino Media Market Assistant Coordinator
Posted by NALIP on
The Latino Media Market Assistant Coordinator will conduct research of regional filmmaker organizations and institutions, with particular emphasis on diversity. He/she will work closely with the Latino Media Market coordinator on designing maintenance of LMM social media outreach, including updates and timelines for the program. He/she will also assist in the coordination of each event (including one-on-one meetings, pitching sessions, etc.)
• Research regional filmmaker organizations and institutions, with particular emphasis on diversity; build and maintain outreach/target lists.
• Conduct ongoing outreach to sister organizations and industry network, film markets and festivals, etc. to identify potential executives for pitch meetings.
• Work on design maintenance of LMM social media outreach, including updates and timelines for the program.
• Participate in General Latino Media Summit meetings when available.
• Assist in the processing of application materials and 2nd Round materials;
• Liaise with selected program applicants for follow up with logistics and Latino Media Market registration.
• Respond to incoming inquiries.
• Review materials (application information, scripts, and directing samples).
• Collect and distribute all pre-LMM materials from all participants.
• Update and build the LMM database in the Narrative Feature, Documentary, and Reality TV categories.
• Draft, data entry and oversee all LMM Media guide materials; coordinate layout with Alex Mendoza and send to print.
• Create and update executive and participant invite/confirmation lists.
• Create and program individualized schedules for pitch meetings for selected participants and executives.
• Oversee preparedness of LMM venue on site.
• Create, update, and provide all schedule grids for LMM.
• Coordinate all necessary materials (e.g. schedules, tent cards, water, snacks) onsite.
• Assist in the coordination of each event (including one-on-one meetings, pitching sessions, etc.)
• Other duties as assigned.
Employee has legal authorization to work in the United States.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Minimum of three years work experience in the film industry.
• Minimum of two years experience with industry executives.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Strong interest and knowledge in independent film.
• Building and maintaining databases, facilitating nationwide outreach effort, and maintaining smooth event operations.
• Demonstrates knowledge and expert operation of social media growth, outreach and marketing.
• Strong phone and computer skills.
Submit Resume to [email protected] including the position title in the subject line. All submissions must include cover letter and at least two references.