The National Association of Latino Independent Producers (NALIP) is a national membership organization that addresses the professional needs of Latino/Latina independent producers. NALIP is the first such effort aimed at Latino production in thirty years, and it is the first to last more than one year and to provide ongoing support for the Latino independent film and video makers. We stand as the premiere Latino media organization, addressing for twelve years the most underrepresented and the largest ethnic minority in the country.
NALIP's mission is to promote the advancement, development and funding of Latino/Latina film and media arts in all genres. NALIP is the only national organization committed to supporting both grassroots and community-based producers/media makers along with publicly funded and industry-based producers. NALIP's values are:
- Commitment to Latino/Latina media and filmmakers, regardless of the form or content of their work
- Commitment to respect for diversity based on a code of ethics open to and respectful of differences, including gender, geography, color, class, age, ethnicity, language, sexuality, religion, genre or physical abilities
- Commitment to solidarity and accountability, applying our code of ethics to the selection, funding and mentoring process
- Commitment to raise the question of historical and cultural relevance and awareness of Latinos and Latinas
- Commitment to solidarity, alliance building and multiple visions of Latino/Latina experiences within the local, national, international and global context
NALIP has had success holding thirteen National Conferences, plus six other National Initiatives: a Latino Writer's Lab™, a Latino Producers Academy™ and a published/on-line Latino Media Resource Guide™, our "Doing your Doc: Diverse Visions, Regional Voices" documentary development workshops plus the Latino Media Market™ held during our National Conference and the Latino Artist Mentoring Program. We are now fundraising to support and expand these programs in 2013, plus solidify the infrastructure of our organization to better serve our membership and community.