Administrative Assistant/ Legal Clerk
Maya Cinema North America and its subsidiaries is looking for an Administrative Assistant/ Legal Clerk who is highly organized and adaptable. The ideal candidate will be working directly to support the CEO and would provide additional support to the General Counsel and other executives in a fast-paced, highly entrepreneurial environment. The CEO is active in real estate, entertainment, non-profit, political and community related activities. This is a very cross-functional position; the work environment is great for a highly productive, self-motivated team player that loves to learn, to organize and reorganize, and to continuously improve on processes/systems.
Location: Los Angeles, CA
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES. The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
Executive Assistant to the CEO / Office Management
- Schedule and maintain calendar appointments, meetings, business/personal engagements and events.
- Assist with the coordination and production of company sponsored events, including corporate events, special events and fundraisers.
- Answering of the phones, mail services, copiers and fax machines, purchasing office
supplies, facilities upkeep and internal communication.
- General administrative and computer tasks, such as faxing, mailings, copying, collating, ordering
- Coordinate travel arrangements, including airline, hotel and car service reservations.
- Type correspondence, prepare reports, spreadsheets and memos as required.
- Assemble data and other information for special reports, charts, summaries and related
- Responsible for preparing, printing and binding of executive presentations.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize multiple assignments, along with excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work independently with minimal direction, take initiative and exercise good judgment at all times.
- Excellent attention to detail; professional demeanor and appearance.
- Exceptional ability to handle sensitive/confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels within the organization.
- Additional Responsibilities/ Legal Clerk DutiesFile Management: Maintain and update a computerized file database and hard copy file of legal documents. Including inputting and tracking critical and procedurally important dates.
- Basic Document Drafting and Preparation: Prepare initial drafts of basic and commonly used corporate, commercial real estate and financing documents.
- Corporate Governance: Create and assist with basic corporate governance documentation, including corporate minute books.
- Research: Initial review of legal documents.
- Title and Survey Matters: Initial review, respond to, and assist in the resolution of title encumbrances and land survey due diligence.
- Other Due Diligence and Closings: Assist with due diligence for major corporate, commercial real estate and financing transactions and assist with major closings.
- Basic Intellectual Property: Assist with Company’s intellectual property related legal activities, including maintenance of its records, registrations and renewals.
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- Paralegal Certificate a plus
- 2 years minimum experience in a corporate or law firm or in house/corporate legal department environment.
- Real estate or legal experience preferred
- Entertainment industry experience a plus
- Proficient knowledge of internet searching and related research skills, spreadsheets and databases
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and complete simultaneous projects with minimal supervision
- Effective interpersonal and team working skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with attorneys, senior management and peers
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with appropriate discretion
- Bilingual English/Spanish candidate preferred
Email your resumes to: Alma Martinez at Almam@mayacinemas.com