Director, Mass Sales, Warner Bros.
DC Entertainment seeks a Director, Mass Sales for the Sales & Business Development department. The Director, Mass Account Sales delivers financial targets through the sales and account development of all commercial activity for select brick and mortar retailers.
Location: Burbank, CA
SUMMARY OF POSITION
DC Entertainment seeks a Director, Mass Sales for the Sales & Business Development department. The Director, Mass Account Sales delivers financial targets through the sales and account development of all commercial activity for select brick and mortar retailers. This position will also work closely with the VP, Mass Account & Digital Sales, Marketing and other internal departments to determine strategic initiatives, both national and also account specific. The position will directly call on top tier Mass accounts and also supervise the Manager, Mass Account Sales to ensure that all account development activities are consistent with the strategic direction of DC Entertainment. The position will also oversee the aggregation and communication of all product and trade spend estimates of the Manager, Mass Account Sales. Additionally, the position will collaborate with the WHEG sales team for all DC Publishing content and DC Collectibles to all remaining brick & mortar retailers. The position will also develop and execute annual planning by customer through collaboration with Publishing, Executive leadership, Sales team, Marketing, Operations, Finance and other WB divisions and territories.
- Executes against established sales strategies to increase DC Entertainment presence for both physical publishing and the Collectible business in the mass accounts.
- Works with retailers to develop annual sales plans complete with revenue projections, merchandising plans and marketing initiatives.
- Oversees account development activity through Sales Manager.
- Works with internal counterparts in WHEG to include publishing and collectible products in major home entertainment initiatives to expand DC presence at Mass accounts.
- Travels as necessary to conduct customer meetings, planning and training with local market teams.
- Identifies account specific revenue generating opportunities as they arise and coordinate ways to execute against them through collaborating with all DC internal partners.
- Conducts joint business planning meetings with primary contacts at assigned retailers.
- Communicates expected quantities for all titles and promotions to signal demand forecast to all relevant internal partners.
- Tracks the use of trade spending to insure that investments result in incremental business.
- BA in Sales, Management, Marketing or equivalent work experience is required.
- MBA preferred.
- 10 years sales experience dealing with national retail customers.
- 6 years experience with retail at executive level.
- 3 years experience managing people.
- Experience in multiple classes of trade including Mass, Grocery, Book, Drug and others.
- Proven track record in selling to large, national retail customers (i.e. mass merchants, grocery, drug, and electronics)
- Proven history of driving successful promotional campaigns and programs with customers.
- Proven history of consistently exceeding goals, award recognition, etc.
- Experience with Microsoft Office or similar.
- Must have effective and proven organizational, communication, and leadership skills.
- Must be detail oriented in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have the ability to work effectively under time constraints.
- Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Must possess a strong passion for the characters and stories of DC Comics.
- Ability to identify and capitalize on incremental business opportunities as they arise.
- Ability to sell a unique vision to all levels across all divisions at DC and WB.
- Must have the ability to quickly evaluate and course correct strategic initiatives during implementation.
- Must have the ability to use creative thinking to solve complex issues as they arise.
The Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.