The National Association of Latino Independent Producers (NALIP) is a national membership organization that addresses the professional needs of Latino/Latina independent producers. NALIP is the first such effort aimed at Latino production in thirty years, and it is the first to last more than one year and to provide ongoing support for the Latino independent film and video makers. In four years, we have emerged as the premiere Latino media organization, addressing the most underrepresented and the largest ethnic minority in the country.
NALIPs mission is to promote the advancement, development and funding of Latino/Latina film and media arts in all genres. NALIP is the only national organization committed to supporting both grassroots and community-based producers/media makers along with publicly funded and industry-based producers. NALIPs values are:
- Commitment to Latino/Latina media and filmmakers, regardless of the form or content of their work
- Commitment to respect for diversity based on a code of ethics open to and respectful of differences, including gender, geography, color, class, age, ethnicity, language, sexuality, religion, genre or physical abilities.
- Commitment to solidarity and accountability, applying our code of ethics to the selection, funding and mentoring process
- Commitment to raise the question of historical and cultural relevance and awareness of Latinos and Latinas
- Commitment to solidarity, alliance building and multiple visions of Latina/Latino experiences within the local, national, international and global context.
NALIP has four National Signature Programs; our National Conference, The Latinos Writers Lab which takes place each Spring in New York, The Latinos Producers Academy held each August in Tucson, Arizona and our Latino Media Resource Guide which we give to our members and registrants at our National Conference. We also develop local chapters, plus host many regional workshops and networking events that develop the professional skills of member media makers.
If you have any questions about your membership status, please contact Membership Programs Coordinator Jose Murillo at the NALIP office. Phone 310-395-8880 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org
How to join NALIP:
Student Membership (w/ valid ID) $20
Individual Membership $50
Professional / Executive Producer Membership $150
Joint Membership with AIVF $90
Joint Membership with IDA $110
Organizational Membership $200
Mail check to:
National Membership Office
P.O. Box 1247
Santa Monica, CA 90406
Join Online Now
Membership Programs Office
1323 Lincoln Blvd., Suite 220
Santa Monica, CA 90401
Click Here to learn more about member Benefits.